We are looking for an innovative, outcome-focused leader to join our marketing and communications team.
The AAVSB culture is one of collaboration. We are creative, and team members specialize in various areas, becoming experts in those areas. We are focused on outcomes instead of outputs. The common thread among us is the striving for excellence through participation and promotion of the Association. Obstacles are stepping stones, not stumbling blocks.
• Protection of the public
• Reliability & accuracy
• Ethics & integrity
• Service excellence
• Active participation & collaboration
• Stewardship of resources
About the Role
The Strategic Marketing Manager is responsible for planning and executing marketing strategies to establish brand consistency and increase participation in the AAVSB’s program and services.
Day-to-day activities include developing, implementing, and executing strategic marketing plans for the entire organization as well as program and service brands, directing marketing and creative staff, and introducing new approaches to increase efficiencies and achieve better outcomes.
The qualified candidate should possess strong marketing and communications acumen, exceptional interpersonal skills, maturity, good judgment, and be an extraordinary collaborator.
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU WILL:
• Understand the mission, values, and strategic objectives of the AAVSB.
• Understand all programs and services offered by the AAVSB and desired outcomes.
• Understand current marketing and communications processes, procedures, and outputs.
• Establish relationships with other managers, product owners, and senior management.
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU WILL:
• Present an evaluation of all marketing and communications processes and procedures, including suggestions for improvement.
• Implement new website technology, including a website chatbot.
• Establish relationships with key consultants for marketing and technology.
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU WILL:
• Implement improvements to marketing and communications processes and procedures.
• Provide a mid-year report card on marketing and communications outcomes.
• Develop and execute a successful marketing and communications strategy for the 2021 Annual Meeting & Conference.
• Present a content strategy, including a process for review and repurposing of content.
WITHIN 12 MONTHS, YOU WILL:
• Effectively manage all marketing and communications activities.
• Effectively collaborate with internal and external customers to reach desired outcomes.
• Prepare budget requests and outline essential expenses for inclusion in the 2022 budget.
The most crucial factors in finding a great professional fit are alignment to core values and work philosophies as well as a healthy work environment. The AAVSB takes pride in the exceptional governance of our association by our volunteer leadership. We are a team-oriented culture focused on organizational objectives and outcomes. We are comfortable questioning our processes and procedures because it is how we improve. We give team members the freedom to be creative and experiment because we trust in their proven expertise. We are life-long learners. We are comfortable with change and are catalysts for it.
To be successful in this role, you will:
• Be committed to achieving optimal outcomes.
• Think creatively and innovatively.
• Possess strong marketing and communications acumen.
• Demonstrate proficiency in making data-guided decisions.
• Be a skilled storyteller.
• Excel in content marketing and copywriting with in-depth knowledge, research skills, and creativity.
• Demonstrate exceptional emotional intelligence.
• Have expertise in emerging and traditional marketing avenues.
• Be an exceptional team player.
• Be devoted to life-long learning.
• Be self-motivated to do your best and consistently perform at a high-level.
• Enjoy change and commit to being a catalyst for it.
• Be committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace.
• Demonstrate creativity.
• Have the skill to come up with exciting ideas and the will to develop them.
• Display exceptional independent judgment and initiative.
• Be self-directed.
Required: Degree in marketing, business administration, or a related field. Three to five years of experience in marketing and communications.
Preferred: Prior marketing management experience. Agency experience. Association experience. Certified Association Executive (CAE) designation.
Work is performed under the direction of the Senior Director of Membership, Marketing & Technology as part of the Marketing & Communications team.
Salary range: $55,000 - $60,000
The AAVSB is located in Kansas City. This position may be virtual.
How to apply
Please email your resume and introduction letter to email@example.com
Equal Employment Opportunity
The AAVSB provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, military status, or genetic information (including family medical history). In addition to federal law requirements, the AAVSB complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.