The AAVSB invites you to connect with us through social media and stay up to date on all of AAVSB's news, network with your peers, and keep in touch with your colleagues in the veterinary regulatory community.
We are committed to maintaining a respectful, professional environment. Before diving into the wonderful world that is AAVSB Social Media, please take a moment to read through our commenting policy to ensure we all have a positive experience. Happy social networking!
AAVSB encourages networking, comments, critiques, questions, and suggestions. By posting comments on the AAVSB Facebook, Twitter, Vimeo, YouTube, Flickr, or LinkedIn pages you are agreeing to the following:
- All comments left on the AAVSB social media channels are the responsibility of the commenter. By submitting a comment on our pages and posts, you agree that the comment content is your own, and to hold this site and AAVSB harmless from any and all repercussions, damages, or liability.
- AAVSB reserves the right to delete or mark as spam any and all comments. We also have the right to block access to anyone from posting to the AAVSB social media channels.
- Opinions expressed in public comments do not necessarily reflect official positions of the AAVSB. We do not endorse the comments or opinions provided by visitor to this site. Posted comments do not necessarily represent the views of the AAVSB. External, non-AAVSB links on this page do not constitute endorsement on behalf of the AAVSB. Following/being followed also does not imply endorsement. Any information posted here is considered public information and may be subject to monitoring, moderation or disclosure to third parties.
This is an open forum, but it also is a professional one, so please phrase your comments and posts accordingly. In addition to keeping your comments professional in content and tone, we ask that you follow our posting guidelines:
This is not a forum for lodging complaints against veterinarians or veterinary technicians. If you wish to file a complaint, contact the licensing board in your jurisdiction. Links to licensing boards can be accessed via the AAVSB website here.
Comments that contain the following language or messages will be removed from the AAVSB social media channels:
- Personal attacks or vulgar, abusive, offensive, threatening or harassing language or comments. This includes creative spellings of swear words using asterisks or spaces between words.
- Promotion or perpetuation of discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation.
- Sexual content or links to sexual content.
- Promotion or advertisement of a person or a business or commercial transaction that is unrelated to the mission of the AAVSB.
- Promotion or opposition of any person campaigning for election to a political office or that promote or oppose any ballot measure.
- Information which the AAVSB and its employees are required to keep confidential by law or administrative rule.
Do not post the same content multiple times. Any subsequent posting of identical information will be deleted.
You participate at your own risk, taking personal responsibility for your comments, your username and any information that is provided.
Failure to comply with these procedures may result in having your comments removed.
I acknowledge and understand that the Veterinary Technician National Examination (VTNE) is owned by the American Association of Veterinary State Boards (AAVSB) and is protected under applicable intellectual property rights, including copyright protections. I further acknowledge and understand that the VTNE is a high stakes examination used by licensure and certification entities as one component of determining eligibility for a credential.
I further acknowledge and promise that I will not discuss VTNE examination questions in any manner, including through my own personal social media channels or the official AAVSB social media channels, or through any other means and I will not disseminate any exam questions to any persons and in any manner whatsoever either before, during, and/or after taking the VTNE.
I understand and agree to protecting the security and confidentiality of the VTNE and acknowledge that AAVSB has the right to investigate any alleged wrongdoing related to my administration of the VTNE and to take action to protect the integrity of the examination and the credential process, including but not limited to withholding or invalidating my examination score and refusing to allow access to future VTNE administrations.